"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/11/09

Just Newsy Stuff about Me

Wow! I can't believe it's been a week since I've posted anything. It suggests I'm busy, and the suggestion is correct, though if I'd wanted to I could have posted something. I just had nothing to say. Today I'm going to catch up. Lets see....

I'm surprised that I've only had 1 comment on the previous entry of this blog (Pay It Forward). That's okay. I understand it's a pretty big commitment, and kind of silly too. I will be closing the comments for it at the end of this month, so if you're interested, do it now.

I had such an incredibly busy week last week. 'Course, it was the first week of the month. I had Rathdrum Knitalong on Tuesday, which went very well. We had 9 people show up! I got 3 of them started on their first pair of socks. Three more want to do socks too, so I'll get them started next week. I also got good news on one particular person I've been wondering about.

The first time I went to a meeting of this group the 'leader' said some very disparaging and untrue things about acrylic yarn. Many of the folks there, including ME, were knitting with acrylic as she went through this offensive diatribe. Some were offended-seriously offended (I was disgusted). In this particular case, the gal stopped coming because she felt like people who use acrylic yarns are not welcome. I've been trying to get in contact with her ever since to ask her to come back now that I'm the 'leader'. She has been contacted by someone else and will be returning next month. I'm so relieved. I don't know why, but I was feeling particularly bad about this incident, even though I wasn't the one who caused it. I've also made it clear we don't ridicule or discriminate against folks yarn choices. What kind of yarn a knitter uses is a very personal choice made for all sorts of reasons and no one is allowed to criticize it at Rathdrum Knitalong.

On Wednesday I went to CdA Yarnies in the morning. No one but me showed up. So it was just me and Andrea. I got quite a bit done on my sock-which consisted of unraveling back to the beginning of the gusset and starting it over. 6 hours of work gone-just like that. I didn't like the way the pattern does the decreases for the gusset and I was a good 2 inches from the toe before I finally gave in to the niggling voice in my head. Now I don't know if I'll get these socks done in time for the fair. I've got so much other stuff going on in my life that sock knitting time is getting slim.

After Yarnies I went to Knitwits where Connie introduced me to 'the job'. Just before we left on our camping trip she asked if I'd be willing to take over the Knitwits fair entry job. I've been wanting to get more involved with the group and this is the perfect job for me cos I'm so familiar with fair stuff and all. I will assist her this year to learn the job, then take it over completely for next year. I am excited. It's not really that big a deal. I'll be in charge of gathering, entering, and returning fair entries for the group members. I'm just excited to be helping out more.

Thursday I showed up and hoped for students for my knitting clinic class. No one showed. It's August. I'm not surprised. I did a bit more knitting on the sock.

The weekend was busy with the little things. Laundry, foraging for food, hangin with Sweet Hubby, etc. I wasn't feeling good all weekend though. No energy at all. I'm thinking maybe I'm getting anemic again and have increased my iron dosage for a bit.

This week I am working on getting the first of my fall classes set up both in beading and knitting. I will post the info as soon as I have it all figured out.

Also on this weeks plate is a yard sale. The Park family has one every couple years. It't time. It will be this coming Saturday and Sunday at my sister in laws house, cos she lives at the best place to hold a yard sale. I'm going to see if I can get rid of some of the hundreds of Cross Stitch patterns/books I've got in storage that I was unable to get rid of when I closed my shop.

Oh, and getting my fair entries together. We turn them in next week.

Here is something awesome.



I picked them yesterday and put them in a salad. The plants on the deck are producing. We haven't had a frost yet to kill them. Hurray!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky. I haven't had enough sun to turn my tomatoes red yet.

    ReplyDelete