"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/14/09

Another Scaph

I've finished another Scaph bead.


I taught a class on the subject so I made one along with my student.

I'm not happy with the workmanship. Even though I was trying very hard to make it almost perfect, it's far from it. I couldn't bead a straight line if my life depended on it.


I think I've made enough of these. I'm moving on to something else.

Which reminds me. Major progress has been accomplished on the Snapdragons for Sarah's wedding bouquet. Look at all these beautiful little petals.


Only 90 more to go. Doesn't sound like I've done much, has it? Well, I figured out a pattern for the darn things. That is MAJOR progress. I was getting frustrated and even fearing I might not get the bouquet done in time because I was having so much trouble with this. But now that I've conquered it I'm feeling good about it all. I've still got lots of time, right? Right???

::crickets chirping::

Gotta dress fitting for the bride tonight. I'm going. Taking my knitting though so my nervous hands will be busy while I watch them poke pins in her (I mean, pin up her dress for alterations).

Have a good evening.




~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment