"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/15/09

It's Here!

Upon hearing my husband say "Ya know, the critter is probably still in there" after showing him the hole in my beautiful Honeybee yarn I decided chucking it would be the better choice. So I wrapped it up in a couple plastic bags to cut off the oxygen to said critters and dropped it off in a dumpster in Coeur d'Alene this morning. I didn't want it anywhere near my house. It was hard cos that yarn was 50 bucks, but when considering how much all my other wool would cost to replace, it was hardly a pittance in the grand scheme of my stash.

I've gathered up all the wool I've had sitting out rather than in a plastic container of some kind, inspected it (it all seems to be fine), and put it all in my freezer for a couple weeks. I've also killed what looked like 2 wool eating moths with my bare hands.

The meeting cheered me up considerably. Pat was there, who hadn't been for at least a month (kids took turns getting sick, and then there was spring break). It sure was good to see her. Anyway, I got lots of sympathy and encouragement from my fellow Yarnie's. In addition, after much anticipation, this was in:

Cookie A's brand spankin' new book, Sock Innovation.


Hurray! I've been waiting excitedly for this ever since I first heard about it. I love Cookie A's sock patterns. This book is no disappointment either. It is fantastic!


There isn't a single pattern in the book that I haven't drooled over today. There's also some great information for designing your own socks. This book is full of awesomeness.

Not one to be beaten down, I have purchased new yarn to begin my Honeybee Stole again.


It's lace weight Alpaca With a Twist Fino which is an Alpaca and Silk blend. It is so soft, and has that sheen I like so much about silk. The color is called champagne. It just happens to be the same color as some of the beaded flowers I'm making for my daughters wedding bouquet, and since I'd planned to wear this at the wedding...it just seemed right. I will have to really bust my arse to get it done in time, so I'm setting aside a whole bunch of other stuff to do that.

Another good thing that has happened today.

I finished the sock I've been working on for weeks and weeks. The stitch pattern is from Barbara Walkers Treasury of Knitting Patterns Vol.1. I'm constructing this baby all on my own.

I'm going to write up the pattern, then knit the second sock to proofread it.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Just got my Cookie book yesterday and feel the same - I could happily knit any of the patterns.

    Glad you got rid of your critter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful sock.

    I'm so sorry about the yarn!

    ReplyDelete