"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/6/09

Progress is Happening

I have been such a busy little bee.

First, the furnace is fixed. Thankfully, it was an easy diagnosis, and he had the part in the truck. However, them furnace repair places really have a racket going don't they? My goodness it was expensive to have that one little piece replaced in less than 30 minutes.

These are not very good pictures, but they'll do.

Carnations: I have 3 down, 2 to go.


The first one took me 4 hours to make. The 3rd one took much less time. I've got a routine/system/rhythm going now. (I did not notice the sun was shining on that vase until I downloaded the photo into the computer. Kewl! Sunshine!)


Here is the main piece of the baby cardigan.


See how well the novelty yarn will go with it? I am happy.

I am hearing the mating call of the Rufous Towhee's. They're back! Ah...the hint of spring is in the air. It snowed all day yesterday, but it was wet slushy fast melting snow. If the temperature had been 1 digit less, we would have had a whole foot of the nasty stuff.

I also wanted to tell you guys about the 3 AM KIP basic bag. I won one last summer while participating in one of the many sock KAL's? The Loopy Ewe is carrying them. It is the best sock project bag in the universe.



I highly recommend them if you like carrying your socks around for KIPing.

That is all.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are beautiful. I would not have the patience for that, so I admire your being able to!

    The baby sweater is darling!!

    ReplyDelete