"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/10/08

WIP Wednesday 12/10/08

This is the garter rib scarf I'm making for my nephew. So far, so good. I'm about halfway done with it (it's folded in the picture).


It does seem to want to curl on the sides, which surprised me with all the garter stitch in it, including the edge stitches. I'm hoping blocking will fix that. Please pardon the white hairs all over it. The animals are shedding like crazy right now.

Now, for a finished project, the hat that matches the scarf.


And my other finished project, the Christmas tree.


If you click on the picture, you'll see a larger version of the picture. Notice the garland on it? I knitted that a few years ago. I made four 15-foot garlands using one strand of S.R. Kertzer Fizz in purple, 1 strand of Fizz in champagne (Fizz is now discontinued), and a strand of Ironstone Yarns Paris Nights-which is a rainbow colored slub novelty yarn that sparkles- all held together. If I remember correctly, I used size 17 needles, cast on 15 feet worth of stitches, knit 2 rows, then bound off VERY loosely. It was, by far, the most expensive tree decorations I've ever bought. Cost more than the tree, because it took several balls of yarn, it weren't cheap yarn, and some major assembly was required before I could put it on the tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I talked to our vet yesterday. She was sent the ultrasound pics taken on Monday. She said the tests show no tumors, but the walls of the bladder are abnormally thickened. So, he still may have bladder cancer. We'll just have to wait and see how he does. Since Morgan has been exceptionally feisty the last 2 days and definitely has his appetite back, I have decided not to medicate him for the moment. He seems to be doing pretty good. Perhaps it was just a stone passing, or something like that.

This morning I went to the first meeting of a new knit group that has started. We haven't named the group yet. Need to think about that, but we're meeting each Wednesday morning at Coeur d'Alene Yarn and Fiber from 10am to Noon. All knitters, and crocheters, are invited to join us. We're just knitting and chatting. Nothing formal. I had a good time. It was nice to get away from the Morgan worries for a bit.

While I was away Morgan went 4 hours without peeing. That is something to celebrate!

Got up to just a skiff of snow this morning. They're predicting a major dump on us for the coming weekend, and subzero temps. It's time. I want it to come. Lets get winter over and done with so we can have spring!

That's the news from the Parkarosa. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment