"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/21/08

Fuzzy and Black

Whew! I got these done in time! Friday night DD Sarah called and asked if we could get together Sunday night to exchange gifts because they are going out of town for Christmas (it's Franks parents turn) and didn't want to wait until they got back. I had not cast on the second black fuzzy fingerless mitt yet. Good thing it was a fast knit. I cast on yesterday morning, and bound off three hours later. I wove the ends in this morning. They're all wrapped and ready to go now.

DD Ruth consented to model them for my camera.


Fuzzy and Black Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: Noro Fingerless Mitts by Michelle Molis.

Yarns:
Fluff by N.Y. Yarns in black (100% nylon). Softee Baby by Bernat in black (100% acrylic).

Needles: Size 9-24 inch Addi Turbo Circulars.

Cast On: December 17, 2008
Completed: December 20, 2008

Comments: An incredibly fast knit. Very well designed and well written pattern. Calls for a gauge of 4 sts to the inch. I achieved that by combining one strand each of the above yarns and using a size 9 needle. They turned out so soft, warm, comfy, and skwooshy.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're gettin' down to the wire now. I'm completely finished with all the knitting gifts. Well, technically, I still have to block the nephews scarf. I'll do that Monday. However, I know there are some of you who are probably panicking right now. I've got a link for you:



You can thank me later.

We, as in, DH, Me, both DD's, and the future SiL went Christmas shopping at the Spokane Valley Mall yesterday. Wow! It was crazy! Absolutely crazy! But, oddly, fun too. We had to wait in long lines to pay for anything and everything, or use the restroom. I was feeling relaxed and not in a hurry so it didn't bother me. However, when it was time to leave? Hell on earth! It took over an hour just to get out of the parking lot. They had the police there directing the traffic, but it wasn't helping much. We had planned to stop at a couple stores on our way to the freeway that are not in the mall. Could not get to them-no way, no how! By the time we got to the freeway on-ramp, Sweet Hubby just wanted to get as far away from the place as possible.

Note to self: Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go to any mall the weekend before Christmas!

We've never done that before. We usually get the mall shopping done sooner than this. However, life has been getting in the way for Sweet Hubby so we found ourselves in a jam. He's still in a jam. He didn't find what he was looking for so he's starting to panic a bit. We've still got 3 days. He can pop into a store or two from work on his lunch break (he still hasn't found my present. Now I'm wondering what he's looking for cos what I asked for is easy to find).

It's snowing out. Just what we needed...NOT! This storm is supposed to leave us a few inches. It already has. I'm wondering what the weatherman's idea of "a few inches" is.

Have a great day, and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment