"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/2/08

Please sir, may I have some brains?

There are days when I wonder if there is any of the grey matter in my head at all. Take this past week for instance.

I have been working on assembling Pierre the Pirate. However, the Hat instructions have frustrated me to no end, which is why he's not done yet. I have not been able to figure out what it means by sewing the sides and top together. ???? If I do that, it doesn't look like a hat! Certainly not like what's in the picture. How do I put it on the head? In desperation, I even posted a question about it on Ravelry (to which I got absolutely NO replies).

This afternoon I've figured it out. I missed the all important-------> (Make 2)

Oops!

There are supposed to be 2 hat pieces. Not one. Suddenly it is all making sense.

Off to make a second hat piece.

Have a nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think it must be the phase of the moon or unseen forces because I had a similar experience. I am knitting the EZ Garter stitch blanket in the Opinionated Knitter. I got so stuck on knitting in the wraps. I've been knitting since I was 5 years old - Eisenhower was president. My wraps were distorted, ugly holes until after many, many hours of frogging/reknitting I realized I was knitting both the wrap AND the purl bump. I reworked that so many times the yarn fuzzed! jeesh!

    ReplyDelete