"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/10/08

Keepin' My Fingers Crossed

There is a new yarn shop that is opening in Coeur d'Alene, ID tomorrow. It's called Coeur d'Alene Yarn and Fiber and it's address is 2433 North Government Way, CDA. I have every intention of visiting it tomorrow.

Recently I contacted the owner by email and asked if she would consider me to teach knitting in her shop. She's said yes. So, although until I'm actually sitting there with students in front of me I'm not sure, I'm hoping it's true. It's one of the things I miss the most about not having my shop anymore. I love to teach knitting. Especially the beginners. It's wonderful when they 'get it'. So, here's keeping my fingers crossed for a new teaching job.

I had a good weekend. On Saturday Sarah asked me to go shopping with her, so we wandered around Silver Lake Mall for a few hours. I had a really good time, even though I didn't find anything I wanted to buy. I enjoy being with my daughters so much. They are wonderful people. In the evening Sarah and Frank came over for dinner. I made roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, and string beans. It turned out very good. Even the gravy was good! I usually make terrible gravy, but I think I've figured it out now. Cos it was really good gravy.

On Sunday I took it easy, giving the leg a chance to recover from Saturday's wanderings. I did some knitting and some beading. Then we went over to my brother-in-laws house for dinner.

The weather has been dark, drab, and wet, but not snowy. In fact, it's been so dark that today I have turned on the lights of the Christmas Garland I put up last year along the center beam of the house and never got around to taking down. It required the use of a ladder, which I wasn't willing to deal with having a hernia and all. Besides, it was so pretty up there I decided I wanted it to stay. I just haven't been turning the lights on that are in it. It looks very bright and festive. It's helping with the drab dark immensely.

Yesterday I ordered some new Christmas lights for our tree. I've been wanting some of those multi colored mini lights that have the programmed function that makes the lights flash certain patterns-like chasing, twinkle, and slow glow. The very first Christmas we celebrated we had some of those and they were so cool, but they eventually croaked and I had to throw them out. Been looking for replacements ever since. No one seems to carry them in the stores around here, so I've resorted to mail order. Sylvania makes some that I thought I'd try out. I've ordered them from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment