"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/10/08

WIP Wednesday 9/10/08



This week we are having absolutely gorgeous weather! Mid 70's to 80's. The air is crystal clear, and smells wonderful, if a bit autumnish. Perfect for knitting out on the deck. I got some major knittage done yesterday.

First of all, the first of the Opal sock. Got all the way to the heel flap last night.




I'm winging this one (making it up as I go). I decided to try a slip stitch pattern that makes a sort of faux pleated pattern (something from my machine knitting obsession days). It doesn't show very well in the photo, but in real life the texture shows up very nicely.

I also spent a couple hours working on Pierre Pirate. He has a head, with a nose, now.

I had quite a time with that head. I got it all done only to discover I'd put his nose 2 stitches too far to the left. He looked kind of mutantish, so I frogged and did it over. I'm really glad I did because not only is the nose in the right place, but I managed to perfect it's shape too. I have to say, this is the best short rowed nose I've made thus far. Next- - - arms!

Yesterday was the finals for the 2008 Knitters Hunk competition. This is the first time I've participated in this contest. It required looking at photos each morning of such hunkiness as Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Alan Rickman, Hugh Laurie, etc, and voting which I liked best. A tough tough job, but someone had to do it. The winner for this year is Hugh Jackman. His Knitterly hunkiness can be seen on the Hand Eye Crafts blog-location of the contest. I'm kinda sad the contest has ended. I was enjoying starting my morning with that task.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment