"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/14/08

A Possible Solution

We are now the proud new owners of an electric fence around our satellite dishes. It's solar powered, which makes it uber cool.

Tommy gives it his nod of approval

It's a small fence, but juicy. I slept with the bedroom window open last night. I kept waking up all night hoping I'd hear the sound of a 'snap' and hooves thudding into the distance.

My awesome brother in law, Dan, and his wife, Sue, came over to rescue us. Sue knows a lot about satellite dishes. They helped us repair some of the damage. We've got the dish that picks up 2 of the 3 satellites working. So we have 2/3 of our programming back. The other dish, which pics up HD channels, is damaged beyond our ability to repair it. It needs help from the Dish professionals. We can live without those channels for now. I will call them in the morning and schedule a repair visit for some time after I've recovered a bit from the surgery.

Miss Molly popped in for a visit just before I went to bed. She was more interested in the leaves on the birch tree, and the plums on the ground under the plum tree, than satellite dishes. I asked her to leave. She did.

I didn't get much crafting done. No beading, and maybe 5 rounds on the sock. It took hours to fix the dishes. I enjoyed spending the day with Dan and Sue though. And, on our way to Home Depot we picked up our future son-in-law so he could spend the rest of the day with us (daughter Sarah was out of town). In the evening we all went out to dinner at O'Malleys in Rathdrum. All in all, despite the influence of Murphy's Law at the start, it turned out to be an enjoyable day.

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment