"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/26/08

Well, Now I've Done It

Last October, when I went in for my regular physical, my doctor mentioned I have a hernia, just below the belly button. I was surprised cos it wasn't bothering me. However, I knew in an instant how it happened. I'd carried my Kayak by myself earlier that summer and had quite a tummy ache for a few days afterwards. I just figured I'd strained a muscle.

Anyway, as the summer has progressed the hernia has slowly gotten more and more bothersome, even interfering in my ability to participate in my favorite summer activities, until I'm now to the point that I've been experiencing quite a bit of pain the last few days. Yesterday was the worst!

I've been procrastinating long enough. I just called the doctor for an appointment. I'll be seeing him tomorrow. We are taking the first step toward the surgery I need to fix it.

Now I'm scared. Really scared. Panic attack scared. Surgery scares me silly. I know this is the right thing to do. I will be glad I did it when it's over, just as I know my back surgery was the best thing I could have done for myself even though it was an excruciating experience. But that doesn't seem to be helping me feel any less scared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The winner of the Socks on Vacation photo contest was announced yesterday afternoon. I didn't win. Bummer! Well, maybe next year.

I do have a BFO to show you. I've participated in a beaded bracelet exchange. Now that the recipient has received her bracelet, I can show you what I made her.


It's a bead crochet caterpillar bracelet. I used size 11 navy blue iris seeds beads, size 8 gold luster drops, and a beaded bead for the clasp.

I am working on the other bead crochet project I started this summer, the flaming rope design? I have about 5 inches done. Ran into a stringing problem. I left out a bead in the pattern. So I'm going to cut the thread and add it on. Other than that, it's working up great! I'm gonna love this one when it's done. I'll take pics and post them tomorrow for WIP Wednesday.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment