"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/8/08

Sock Stash Enhancement

I'm not blogging much this week, but I have a good excuse-not that I need one mind you. I blog when I want to. But this week I've been wanting to but can't because fair time is coming up. I have to submit my entries next week, so I am busily finishing, double checking, gathering, cleaning, and in general getting all my entries ready to go.

My knitting has already been taken care of, through Knitwits. If I enter my knitting through the club, the club will get the money from my winnings, and I get the ribbons-assuming there is any of course. It's a way to donate to the club for next years new yarn. I think it's great to be able to do it that way. I can also enter more than one item per category if I enter this way. I don't know why, but they have this silly rule about only having one item per category. Then they wonder why they don't get very many submissions. Knitwits gets an exception to this rule, though I know not why.

Anyway, if you don't hear from me much over the next few days, you'll know why.

Stash enhancement-yes.

Step One : Admit you have a problem.


I am a sock yarn addict.

I'm on the Fearless Fibers newsletter emailing list. Not a good idea for me. She really is an enabler of sock yarn addicts. In some ways, I'd even call her a pusher. After last weeks email, I had to go look. I had a weak moment, and before I knew it, my Paypal account had been assaulted. I complained to Debbie, but she had no sympathy. She is proud of her enabling skills. Despicable!

I ordered 3 skeins of her 100% Superwash Merino Wool.

I fell in love with this LimeKiwi colorway, but I can assure you, the pics do it no justice. It's much brighter. Almost neon. My daughter Sarah will love it.


As a rule, I'm not a big fan of yellow. I tolerate it most times. Then there's Citrus-probably one of the most beautiful yellows I've seen in yarn. Butter, sunshine, lemons - all come to mind. Again, it's much brighter than this picture shows it.


Then there's this-which is the whole reason for my going off the wagon last week. She did some 'once-in-a-life-time' special colorways, words that I can not stay away from. I can have something no one else could have? Sweet! How could anyone resist this one? Reds, wines, blues, purples......I tell you, the woman is evil, eeeeeeeeevilllll!


Here they are, together, looking just as innocent as we all know they aren't.


I need to get my Water Nymph socks done so I can bite into that yellow. I've already got the pattern picked out.

It is still hotter than Hades out. But it's supposed to start cooling off tonight. The air is getting thick again, with smoke. There are new fires burning in the area cos we had some dry lightening. It amazes me how quickly things dry out around here. Go two or 3 days without rain and it's practically a desert.

It's August. The woods are drying out, and starting to show signs of fall. That means soon my yard will become the Moose/deer smorgasbord. Judging by the condition of the Yellow Twig Dogwood bush this morning, I think dinner is served. My goodness, we won't need to prune it back at all. They're sneaking in at night. Another couple weeks and they won't care about that anymore (being sneaky). I better load the paint gun in preparation.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment