"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/21/08

Sock Hate - I Haz It

With the rain this week has come relief to my eyes. So, I thought I'd do a sock knitting marathon yesterday and make some major progress on the Water Nymph sock. HA! I worked all day on it, between loads of laundry, house cleaning, oh yes, and a bit of gardening. I made most of my progress in the evening, while watching the Olympics. I got the foot done, the gusset, the heel, and the flap. I started on the leg but something wasn't right. The lace stitch pattern wasn't starting on the right row. So I spent about half an hour futzing around trying to figure out how to fudge around the problem when I thought "maybe I should figure out what caused the problem in the first place?" That's when I noticed I'd left out 2 rows of the stitch pattern on the instep, way down at the beginning of the gusset. I think they heard my scream of agony clear over in Montana. A whole day of knitting, wasted!

SOB.......!

This morning I have frogged back to the problem and fixed it, but I'm not a happy camper. I am hating the sock. I want this sock DONE so I can move on to something more fun! I'm thinking if I wanna finish it, I may have to pop on down to the liquor store for a bottle of Yazi. As for my SOS08 goal of getting 2 pair of socks done per month-I have failed. Sigh. Oh well. Better luck next year.

Today I am going to the fair to find out if I've won any ribbons on my entries. I'm taking the camera with me to take pics of said ribbons, as usual. I always take pics of them on display at the fair because of an incident that happened several years ago.

I'd made a machine knit Christmas stocking that won a Grand Champion ribbon. When I went to pick up my entries after the fair, the ribbon was not with my stocking. I asked about it, they insisted I had not won it. Fortunately, I had taken a picture of it on display with the ribbon, so I was able to prove I'd won it, thus getting my prize money. Unfortunately, they had no spare ribbons lying around to replace it. At least I was vindicated, and I have my photo of the ribbon. I wonder how the karma went for the low life that didn't win it and took it home anyway?

I will let y'all know how I did tomorrow.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment