"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/29/08

Nephews Wedding

I don't get many questions in my blog comments, but when I do, I try to answer them.

On the entry for the finished Water Nymph socks Kate/Massachusetts asked...

Which bind off technique did you use? I am such a tight knitter that neither of them are loose enough for me unless I modify them. My calf measures about 11 inches - I ended up taking a 28 oz can of tomato sauce and sticking it into the cuff and THEN binding off around the can (sewn b/o that is). sheesh! Fiddly but I have no problems now with the bind off being too tight! I get lots of odd looks, too, when I do the bind off in public. lol

It's a variation on the Russian Bind Off from the WendyKnits blog. Click here for the instructions:


I am off line for a few days. My nephew Jonny and his fiance Ann are getting married in Seattle this weekend, so we are headin' west for some partying.

I took the fur boys to the kennel today. A very plush place, as kennels go. I expect they'll get spoiled so rotten they won't wanna come home. At least, I sure hope that's the way it turns out.

I started a new sock last night so I'd have something small and portable to take on my trip. More details on the next WIP Wednesday.

Gotta finish the packing and the cleaning.

Have a great holiday weekend everybody! (And for those countries who don't celebrate Labor Day--Have a great weekend anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment