"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/14/08

Tommy's Problem

It was a busy day yesterday. It started with what was for me shocking news. I took Tommy to the vet to get his rabies shot only to be told he has a heart murmur. It's a precursor to heart disease. The doc thinks it has to do with his bad teeth. I want a second opinion.

I've been taking Tommy to this clinic ever since he came to live with us. It's the first time I've been told this. The doctor who examined him is new. I'm wondering if she knows what she's doing? I'm going to take him in again for a full exam after Labor Day, when life slows down a bit.

Anyway, I'm feeling rather angry about it today. Because of the desire to breed for a particular look, Italian Greyhounds, as well as most other purebred dogs, are prone to incredibly expensive health problems. Instead of breeding out the natural curl in their tails or a particular slant in the shoulders, how about breeding for better teeth? Stronger legs? Healthy livers? Arrgh!

Tommy napping in the afternoon recently. He was sound asleep. How does he do that? My neck aches just watching him.


I worked on the Caterpillar bracelet yesterday, out on the deck, in the heat. The crocheting is done. Just need to add a clasp. I'm thinking about finding a button, or maybe making a button, and doing a button and loop clasp.

I didn't do much knitting. One round on the sock. Just didn't feel like knitting. Today, though, if I wanna do anything creative, it will have to be knitting. My eyes ache so bad I can hardly focus, even with my glasses on. I have to admit, as much as I love spring and summer, August makes it tough for me to love it. There's a lot of dust and smoke in the air at this time of year, which plays havoc with my allergies and asthma. That, and the woods starts 'dying'. The leaves start turning, and everything else starts getting brown and crunchy. August is the slow death of summer-which just sucks as far as I'm concerned. I intend to enjoy the heat as much as possible. We're less than a month away from frost. Now, where is my inhaler?

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment