"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/27/08

The First Time Meme

I don't have anything to write about today, so I'm going to do another meme. I will say, it is a day of celebration. It's the last day I have to watch bony butts bouncing on bicycle seats. Yes, the final stage of the Tour de France. HURRAY!!!!! I've missed Good Morning America. Not seeing it has screwed up my morning routine. Now, on to the meme.

When Was Your First Time

Who was your first prom date? Mike Skyles. No one from school asked me. Mike was my best friend. He was a couple years older than me, and never went to his high school prom, so I talked him into going with me to mine. We had a good time.


Do you still talk to your first love? No. I have no idea where he is .

What was your first alcoholic drink?
Wine. My parents made it. They'd made an apple wine that turned out really sweet and I got to have some of it. I remember it being very good.

What was your first job?
Picking raspberries. Hard work for very little pay. I earned $1.10 after 8 hours in the hot sun.

What was your first car?
A 1972 Plymouth Valiant, bought just a couple weeks before my daughter Sarah was born. It was in mint condition. I loved that car. Definitely made for women.

Who was the first person to text you today?
No one. I don't even know how to text someone, let alone read texts coming to me.

Who is the first person you thought of this morning?
Sweet Hubby. He woke me up by banging the bathroom door and my first thought was "Why is he banging that door?"

Who was your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Williams. I have very fond memories of her. She was a sweet person.

Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
I went to Detroit, Michigan to visit my Aunt and Uncle for a couple weeks when I was 14. It was a United Airlines 747. So exciting! I worked very hard for the money for the plane ticket. I paid for it myself, at the airport, in all $1 bills. I don't think the clerk was too happy about that, but that was the way I'd earned it. One dollar at a time.

Who was your first best friend and are you still friends?
Gail Ashland and Lori Richardson. We were the 3 muskateers. I was 4 or 5 years old. Gail moved away to california and we lost touch. Lori dumped me when Gail moved away.

What was your first sport played?
Softball, and I really sucked at it. Actually, I still suck at it.

Where was your first sleepover?
My friend Gails house.

Who was the first person you talked to this morning?
Sweet Hubby.

Whose wedding were you first in?
Mine.

What was the first thing you did this morning?
Let the fur boys out to do their morning business.

What was the first concert you went to?
Seattle Symphony. (I'm a violinist.) Got to see them when I was a kid. They played Beethoven's 5th symphony. Most exhilarating!

What was your first tattoo or piercing?
Don't have any.

What was the first foreign country you went to?
Canada. It's so close.

What was your first run in with the law?
I've never had a run in with the law. I'm a good girl.

When was your first detention?
Never have had detention. See above answer.

What was the first state you lived in?
Washington. Born in Renton.

Who was the first person to break your heart?
Lori Richardson. She dumped me as a friend at the tender age of 6. Broke my heart cos we were best friends. When our 3rd muskateer moved away, Gails toy organ was given to me, instead of Lori-a determination made by our parents. Lori got very angry about that. Sigh. She never forgave me for it.

Who was your first roommate?
Sue-Mathas Hall dorm, Western Washington University. You do not know how long I had to think to remember that, and I can't remember her last name. We weren't roomies for very long, and I did not like living with her. A huge difference in morals.

Where did you go in your first limo ride?
Never been on a limo ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment