"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/9/08

7 Questions Meme

Thought I'd do a meme today, since I have nothing else to write about at the moment.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was a housewife/mother and I was also working in the machine knitting industry as a pattern publisher and teacher. I published under the name Precious Knits. I wrote mostly toy patterns and afghans for Passap and Brother knitting machines. Didn't make any money though. The industry was in really pathetic shape (read "dying").

2. What are five things on my to-do list today?

1) finish my Turkish loop bead crochet necklace.
2) Do some laundry.
3) Vacuum the house.
4) Wind 3 balls of Cascade 220 into balls in preparation for a knit/felting project.
5) Water the potted plants.

for starters.

3. What snacks do I enjoy?

Potato chips, crackers and cheese, potato chips, apple slices, potato chips, and potato chips. Did I mention potato chips? (I'm an Idahoan for a reason!)

4. Where are some places I've lived?

Renton, Washington-born there. Federal Way, Washington-raised there. Bellingham, WA- went to college there. Also Sunnyvale, CA, San Jose, CA

5. What would you do if you were a billionaire?

First, pay off all our debts. Build a dream house, buy property in Hawaii-and spend the winters there. Do lots of charity things here in the US.

6. What jobs have you done?

File clerk for the Dept. of Social and Health Services in Washington State. Librarian for King County, WA. Receptionist for math dept of Highline Community College. Watch Repair Shop manager. Owner of Yarn shop. Waitress at burger place. Salesclerk at gift shop. Picker of berries.

7. Which other people would you like to know more about?

I wish I could get to know Monica Ferris (the author). Karen Armstrong (author of The History of God) cos I have a ton of questions I'd like to ask her. I'd love to know Pierce Brosnan, Diane Settersfield (another author), and Ellen Degeneres. Robin Williams too. I've always thought spending an hour with Robin would be the cure for cancer.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment