"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/11/08

WIP Wednesday 6/11/08



Pierre the Pirate is starting as a pair of pants.




I have finished 5 whole repeats of the current stitch pattern in Honeybee. I've got 5 more to go. I know I'm a bit biased, but I think it's stunning so far.




I have survived yesterdays monstrous weather. The snow did not stick at my house. However, some areas got as much as 1 1/2 inches on the ground. The last time it snowed in June was in 1901. Wow. Today the temps are supposed to go up, the clouds are supposed to clear, and we're supposed to get at least a week of 'normal' June weather. I can hardly wait! I wanna go back to knitting on the deck in the sunshine each morning.

There is a new knitting magazine that has hit the market. I haven't found a copy of it around here yet, but it's being talked about a great deal in a most positive way, so I checked out their web site and have ordered a subscription. If it's anything like they are saying, it should be a good one. There's over 50 patterns in the premier issue. I want to make the lace tunic. Check it out, Verena Knitting Magazine.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment