"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/9/08

What I Did Last Weekend

As I write this, it is snowing out. Yes, snowing, on June 10, 2008. No one can fathom the depths of hurt I feel right now because of the snow fates betrayal. This only serves to make me hate them more.

I have, in fact, given up totally on having a veggie garden this year. I am putting the seeds I bought in a ziplock bag and saving them for next year. It's just too late. The strawberry patch seems to be happy though. It's growing like crazy, and loaded with flowers. My tomato plants are doing well on the deck too. So I will spoil them rotten with tender loving care this summer-if summer ever gets here.

Now, to the subject. What I did last weekend. I did this.



My first french beaded flower. It's supposed to be a poppy. I think it's pretty good for a first effort. Lots of room for improvement though. I have a hard time holding the frame wires straight when doing the petals. I need to make my loops closer together too. I will need to practice quite a bit before I can feel good enough to do my daughters wedding bouquet.

Did I mention that? She wants me to bead the wedding flowers? I think I did. Anyway, the weekend was pretty much about that. Sarah and I met at Beading Buddies on Saturday to buy beads (since they're having a going out of business sale-might as well save some money). That's when I found out bright royal blue is not one of the wedding colors. Her bright royal is another persons turquoise. Yup! Turquoise and chocolate brown. That will be so pretty. I love those two colors together.

Anyway, we loaded up on turquoise and brown beads. On Sunday, she came over and we started learning how to make french beaded flowers. She wants to help make her wedding flowers, which I think is incredibly fantastic. We are gonna have so much fun working together!

~~~~~~~~~~

I also took this funky internet quiz-What color green are you? I'm teal.


You Are Teal Green

You are a one of a kind, original person. There's no one even close to being like you.
Expressive and creative, you have a knack for making the impossible possible.
While you are a bit offbeat, you don't scare people away with your quirks.
Your warm personality nicely counteracts and strange habits you may have.

~~~~~~~~~~

This week I'm working on my book. I worked out a new lace pattern for the next project yesterday. It was much easier than the previous project. My idea actually works in lace. Now to figure out how to put the elements (Beads, lace, garter stitch) I've got going here into a pleasing shape. I've named the pattern Genie Bottle.

Tommy was a veritable pill yesterday. Don't quite know what got into him but he was causing all kinds of trouble. He got into the kitchen garbage several times and dragged gross things into the living room to eat. I got tired of taking it all away from him and finally emptied the garbage so there was nothing for him to find. So what did he do? He went outside and found something gross to drag into the house and eat in the living room.

On top of that, he wouldn't stop chasing the cats, barked at anything and everything, and was just a pain in general all day. He was living dangerously, I tell you!

I am leaving you with this photo. I took a close up of one of the french lilac flowers that I am quite proud of.



Have a great non-snowy day.

(My apologies to Australia. I have done my best, They won't leave. Did y'all do something to offend them?)



1 comment:

  1. Snow? Wow. OK, you can have the heat we've had on the east coast, and I'll take the snow for the rest of the week! The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete