"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/8/08

Overcoming the Grey

I've got the blah's. It's been grey and raining for several days now. It's affecting my desire to knit and bead, or even get up in the morning. So, in defense of my sanity, this morning I went outside between rain drenches and caught a few pics of local color.


French Lilac


This is the first time my French Lilac has bloomed in 12 years. It's a very small lilac. About 3 feet tall. Every time it gets some height to it, the deer and/or moose chew it down to about 2 foot tall. This has put it in shock, preventing it from blooming the next year. I went to some effort to protect it from decimation last year, and I'm quite pleased with the results. I've got 6 flowers on it.



Black Pine


Did you know pine trees have flowers? Yup! Until yesterday, these babies were bright yellow with pollen. I'm very allergic to pine pollen (which is so ironic considering where I live). So, in a way, the rain has been nice cos it's keeping the pollen on the ground instead of in large thick yellow clouds floating on the breeze and making me feel like death warmed over.


There's a fascinating fractal going on here.



Last but not least, my new best friend. The Mothers Day present. Isn't she a beauty? And she makes really good ice!


I feel so much better now. Nothing like a little color to cheer me up.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment