"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/4/08

No WIP This Wednesday

No WIP Wednesday photo today. I've been finishing a lot of things. Only knitting WIP to take pics of is the shawl, and though I've added 2 more repeats of the current stitch pattern, I don't really feel like taking pics of it right now.

Went to bead group Tuesday and got a real shock. It was our last Tuesday Bead Group meeting! Cindy and Bill decided last Saturday to retire. Everything in the shop is clearance priced, and the last day is June 27. I was stunned, even though I knew this was coming eventually cos they've been talking about it for 2 years or so. I think I was more stunned by the fact that she didn't call me to give me a heads up before the meeting than anything else. It hurt a bit. No, it hurt a lot.

Anyway, I didn't get much beading done cos I was in a state of shock. I did start my first french beaded flower, following the beginner instructions in my book, The Art of French Beaded Flowers. I'm making a Poppy. It's going to be a little more difficult than I thought. I will need to practice practice practice before I can make flowers for Sarah's bouquet, so I've decided I'm gonna make a floral arrangement for me first-probably Dogwoods. I love Dogwoods. They're my most favorite flower of all--thus this months Blog theme.

One benefit of the shocking news was I saved quite a bit of money yesterday. With everything being half off, I didn't spend as much on beads as I was planning. I bought lots of beads for making flowers. It takes a lot of them. For just 2 snapdragons, with some leaves, the arrangement takes 5 hanks of beads (3 for flowers, 2 for leaves). Whew! Now to find the wire I need.

The weather is dreary and bleak (goes with how I feel). Rain and grey-for the next week. I just need to keep saying to myself "at least it isn't snow". I've just about given up on planting the garden though. It's still a muddy mess out there. I don't know, maybe I'll go wallow in the mud. Is that okay to do? Plant seeds in the mud? Never done it, so don't know.

Have my Knitwits meeting today. That should be fun. Ruth starts her job too. Exciting! I'm planning on visiting the yarn shops in Coeur d'Alene to post flyers up about the WWKIP day in Post Falls. Also planning on stopping in Michaels, in hopes they have the wire I need for the flowers.

Some interesting links for you. There are folks out there who knit using 8 ought needles and size 12 perle cotton and make miniature knitted clothing. I'm talking-two gloves will fit on a quarter size, complete with fingers, thumbs, and intricate fairisle patterns. There are sweaters with intricate scenes done in intarsia. Fascinating to look at, but I wouldn't want to do it myself. Visit these two sites if you want to be amazed and astounded!


Bugknits

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment