"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/1/08

The ABC's of Me Meme

I found this Meme on the BAG 'N' Trash blog. I like it so much I decided to do it. But, before I get started, I just wanted to let y'all know that my daughter Ruth did get a job Friday. She has been hired to wash dishes in the Lindy restaurant at Silverwood Theme Park. I am happy about this, cos she needs this experience. She is very excited. Her first job! Woo Hoo!


The ABC's of Me

Accent: Northwest American of course.

Breakfast or no breakfast: I have never been a breakfast eater, but I do force myself to do so a couple times a week.

Chore I don’t care for: The laundry. I absolutely HATE doing laundry.

Dog or Cat: Both, and plenty of them (2 dogs, 2 cats)

Essential Electronics: The TV, DVR, DVD player, my camera, and my laptop.

Favorite Cologne: It changes. Right now Enchanted Orchid from Bath and Body Works

Gold or Silver: If I have to choose...gold.

Handbag I carry most often: My black suede purse with shiny leather trim. Though, to be honest, it's not quite big enough so I will soon be moving into the new dark brown leather purse I bought recently.

Insomnia: Yeah, a lot. Partly because of my anxiety disorder, partly cos I have body parts that ache at inconvenient times. I have found the best thing to do, for me, is to read a novel. It usually will take my mind off whatever is causing the brain to overwork and I fall asleep.

Job Title: Sweet Hubby puts Professional Knitter on the tax returns.

Kids: Two fantastic daughters.

Living Arrangements: 3 bedroom manufactured home on 10 acres of north Idaho, in the middle of 320 acres of north Idaho forest owned by Sweet Hubby and his siblings. We share this home with our cats and dogs, and occasionally a daughter.

Most Admirable Trait: My courage. It takes a lot to recover from the childhood I've had.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: When I was in second grade I wanted a watch in the worst way. I stole one from a classmate. I'm a terrible thief. The teacher discovered my theft right away and I was sent to the principles office. Scared the you-know-what out of me, and I've never stolen again.

Overnight hospital stays: Stayed overnight with the birth of both my daughters.

Phobias: What, are you kidding? I have Panic Attack Anxiety Disorder. What am I NOT afraid of (besides the knitting needles) ?

Quote: "Life sucks, and then you die." -- sister in law Sue. Not that I live my life that way. It's just what came to mind at the moment-which is pretty pathetic, and weird, cos I'm very happy with life right now.

Reason to smile: Life is GOOD!

Siblings: Two younger sisters. Don't hear from them much.

Time I wake up: Usually around 6:30am. If I don't, the boys (my dogs) make sure I do cos they want to go outside most desperately.

Unusual Talent or Skill: Managing a group of people to get things done. I've been told several times I'm really really good at it.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Ochra. Don't even ask!

Worst Habit: I count steps when I go up, or down, them. Annoys the heck out of me. But I can't. stop. doing. it.

X-rays: Do Mammograms count? Ribs when I was a kid-I actually slipped on a banana peel in the lunch room at school, fell and broke two ribs. I can testify that IT WAS NOT FUNNY! I don't know why everybody laughed. Also have had my poor excuse for a back x-rayed many times.

Yummy Stuff: Cheese, cheese cake, and a nice juicy steak grilled medium rare-oh, and potatoes-cooked any way. I'm a potato addict.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: The elephant.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment