"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/10/08

WWKIP Day


What is WWKIP Day? World Wide Knit In Public Day. An international event where knitters get together in a public place and knit. I think the goal is to bring knitting into public awareness, as well as an attempt to get rid of the stereotype image of a knitter--granny sitting in a rocker making hideous sweaters that don't fit. This years official day is June 14, 2008.

For more info, you can visit the official web site:
http://www.wwkipday.com/index.html

I've decided to host the first-that I know of- North Idaho World Wide Knit In Public day. I am not limiting this to just knitters. All fiberholics are welcome. All knitters, spinners, crocheters, etc are invited.


North Idaho World Wide Knit In Public Day

Place: Falls Park, Post Falls Idaho. Located off 4th St., west of Spokane Street. A nice park with lawns, a pond, picnic tables, restroom, parking lot, and views of Post Falls (the water fall) and Spokane River


Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008


Time: 10:30 am - 2:30pm


Bring: Your knitting, spinning, crochet, a chair, a picnic lunch and beverage, sun block.


We'll just get together, do our fibery thing, and have some fun.


If someone needs more info, they can email me at:

thebeadknitterATyahooDOTcom


Please pass the word around to other knitters you know.


Please let me know if you’re coming so I'll know I'm not the only one who's gonna be there.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment