"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/19/08

Ruth's Hat

Ruth's first knitting project:

Knit Beanie



She found the star shape created by the decreases fascinating.


Pattern: Head Huggers by Ann Norling

Yarn: Rustic Wool by Queensland Collection in Chocolate.

Needles: Size 7 16-inch Addi turbos.

Comments: For a first time project, she did very well. I would say it's a good project for beginners.

It was another hot day yesterday. I spent a couple hours on the deck trying to work on my current book project. However, the wind started blowing and got to be too much so I finally gave up. We didn't go kayaking because of the wind too. It was blowing pretty hard.

We decided to go see a matinee showing of the new Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian movie. We met Frank and Sarah at the theater. After getting our popcorn, candy, and drinks, and finding a place to sit, who should wander in but BIL Dan, Sue, and Nathan. They sat with us.

The movie was very good. I was totally drawn into it. I don't think I moved a muscle the first hour I was so engrossed....

OH MY GOD! Brb...

While I was sitting here writing this, I had the back door open so the boys could lay in the sun and a bird flew into the house! Took a bit to catch it because the cats got involved. So there I am trying to catch a bird and trying to keep the cats from catching a bird. Yeeks!

I caught it. It was okay. Just a bit disoriented. I've identified it. It was the most beautiful shade of deep green I've seen, and a bit of purple on the rump. Turns out to be a Voilet Green Swallow. I see these swallows all the time. They've even made nests up in the work shop. But it's the first time I've ever seen their green backs. So pretty!

I took it outside and let it go. It's soaring around the back yard now. I would have taken a picture, but I can't operate a camera and hold a bird with 2 hands at the same time.

Whew! That was some excitement!

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Ruth!! Your hat looks great.
    The bird episode would have scared the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete