"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/25/08

Quiz Silliness

When do you know, without a doubt, that your daughter is a Geek? When she downloads a free program that makes her Mac laptop sound like a slashing lightsaber when she moves it. Yup, she did it yesterday. Last night she was standing there, in the living room, waving her laptop around like a mad person. LOL! The furkids looks told the whole story-she's a looney bird! (But she knits!)

I got no gardening done. Sweet Hubby decided we would plumb the water line for the coming new refrigerator (no, it's not here yet. There's been a delay in the order). This required a total trashing of my kitchen. What a mess! It also required a trip into Coeur d'Alene to visit Home Depot. Sweet Hubby had bought the wrong size valve, or something like that. Very frustrating for him. I picked up some potting soil, 4 snapdragons, and a pair of cushions for the chaise lounges on the deck. Then we went home and finished trashing the kitchen, and cleaning it up afterwards. After we got done, though, we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie to reward ourselves.

What a blast that was! I loved it. The opening sequence was fantastic! Now we're wondering, can you really survive a nuclear blast in a lead lined refrigerator? You'll have to see the movie to know what I'm talking about. It's a fun one to watch.

After the movie, we went to a new restaurant right next door to the theater called Azteca for some dinner. It's a Mexican grill. Mmmm, is their food ever good! We had a booth by the front window. While we were eating, various of our relatives walked by about every 15 minutes or so-leaving the theater no doubt after seeing Indiana Jones (several showings were going on simultaneously). Heck, we could have had a family reunion right there on the sidewalk. It was funny. The waitress finally came by and asked why I kept tapping on the window and waving. She thought we were randomly waving at folks we didn't know.

Some silliness. I found a couple knitting quizzes to take on the net. Here are the results. If you want to take them yourself, click on the underlined titles.

The results of this first one made me laugh.


What is Your Level Of Knitting Experience

Your Result

You are a knitting god. Seriously, you should be the one writing this quiz. You should have your own fashion line. It is disgusting how much you know about knitting. Get out of my sight.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What Kind of Knitter Are You?

Your Result

1097733262_Guru.gif

You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting and do it all the time. While finishing a piece is the plan, you still love the process, and can't imagine a day going by without giving some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation involves leaving ample space for the stash and supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn ends and you begin.

I got some done on the Pomatomus sock. I've also started diagramming out the next book project. Blue-I want to make something in blue. A few weeks ago, while in Bead It, I impulsively bought a tube of matte blue metallic seed beads that were very expensive as tubes of beads go-13 bucks! They are so pretty, there was only one tube, and the boss was telling me how they came in her order, even though she didn't order them, and she didn't think they'd ever sell. (I guess I was bailing her out as well as feeding my desire to own them.) I found the perfect shade of blue perle cotton to go with them too. So, blue it shall be.

Speaking of the book, I did a bit of reading on the subject of book publication and got to feeling so overwhelmed I almost cried. I've got a lot to learn before I can get this project done. The big question: Do I self publish, or go with a well known publisher? That's what I need to find out. Which would benefit me best? I need to find some brains to pick. Any volunteers?

Maybe we'll get that garden planted today. The sun is shining, so it should be a nice day to do it.

Happy Memorial Day

No comments:

Post a Comment