"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/2/08

WIP Wednesday 4/2/08


I've been messing with my WIPWed button. Feel free to take one for yourself.

Pomatomus is under way.


Making good progress on Filbert. I blocked him. He's feeling a little scattered today. Ha ha.



You like my new banner/background for April? I created it using a slice of the Jaywalker pic.

***************************

Thought I'd answer a couple questions from yesterday's comment.

Do you know of any patterns available without purchasing the book??

Hmm, never thought to even look until now. I didn't go to the book store seeking Kimono patterns. I went to see if they had the new Alan Dart book (Irresistible Gifts to Knit, and they didn't) and decided to check out the new knitting books in hopes there was one I'd like.

I don't know about Kimono patterns by Vicki Square, but there are free knit Kimono patterns available on the internet, and probably single patterns for sale. I Googled "Knit Kimono Pattern" and got quite a few links to some cute patterns that are free. Here's a couple:

Kimono Jacket in Stripes from Crystal Palace Yarns. This one is knit sideways and I love it. I want to make it. It's going into my pattern stash.

Striped Kimono from Goddess Yarns. I like this one too. It's now in the pattern stash.

Merino Frappe from Crystal Palace Yarns is another.

In the process, I also found a page full of links to tons of free knitted jacket patterns on Knitting Pattern Central. So thanks for asking the question.

Jacket patterns


I definitely want to try that! And what type fiber will you use?

I have no idea. Depends on which one I knit first, and what's in my stash that will work. Will cross that bridge when I come to it.

***************************

I got some great bird pics. Will post them tomorrow.

OMG, the Sun is shining.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment