"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/16/08

WIP Wednesday 4/16/08

I'm okay after yesterday morning. Really, I am.



This weeks WIP's. Making slow progress on the Pomatomus sock. Gotta speed that up. Only half a month left to finish the whole pair.



I blame it on Ravelry and the MCY thread. I confess, I've been one of the train wreck addicts. It's been a very active thread of late, taking much of my time to keep up. I've started losing interest though. It has turned into something ugly.

Over the weekend someone logged on claiming to be a representative of the company wanting to make things right. They've asked repeatedly for folks with problems with their yarn to email them and they'll see about giving refunds. Unfortunately, that is not what the mob wants. The mob wants to know if Danielle is really dead, is there really a brother named Mike, who is Margaret, if they've filed for bankruptcy, what is the name of the representative (refuses to give it. Under the circumstances, I would too!), why isn't the dye set in the yarns, is Danielle really dead (yes, I know I've repeated that) ?. The issue is, if you feel you've been wronged by MCY with the product you received, they are offering to make it right. Everything else is immaterial. As far as I'm concerned, it's none of their business. I think if this representative appeared in person, there would be a lynching.

Humans. Gotta love 'em.

I made good progress on my branch fringe project at bead group yesterday, even though I didn't really bead much. I did not feel real good. My joints were so achy. I could hardly walk I was so stiff. My fingers just didn't want to do what my brain told them. It kind of hampered my creativity. Cindy was feeling the same way. We think it had something to do with the change in the barometric pressure or something. I am liking my necklace though. It's gonna be cool when it's done.


I ordered some books. There are a couple knit toy books that I thought I had in my library, but when I went and looked, I discovered I don't have them. I am surprised. I could have sworn I brought home my own copies when I got them into the shop cos they're wonderful books. Both are out of print, so I decided I better get them while they are still halfway reasonably priced. I've ordered Knitted Cats/Knitted Dogs by Joy Gammon and Knitted Toys Easy to Make by Joy Gammon

While looking for those, I came across a book by her that I'd not heard of, Garfield Knits. Don't know what it looks like or what's in it. Has to do with the famous cat cartoon character though, so there's bound to be something in it I like. I've ordered it.

If after receiving these I discover I do have them in my library (though I've gone through every book and they're not there.), I will have to find a way to get rid of them I guess.

Of course, when looking for books on Amazon.com, they always offer temptations. In this case, it was two crochet toy books and a crochet beaded snake book that got me. Argh, I'm such a sucker.

It will be nice to see the UPS guy again.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment