"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/22/08

Spring Fling Branches

I finished the branch fringe necklace today. I took it to Bead It and showed it to Gale. She likes it, so we'll be setting up a class. I wasn't exactly thrilled with it when I was done, but I've been wearing it and it's growing on me.


Necklace is 19 inches long with a Bali silver toggle clasp. Beads used are Japanese size 11 seeds in matte black, matte silver lined pink, and transparent a/b violet. I'm thinking about writing it up and posting it on the pattern blog, if anyone is interested, that is.

It snowed pretty much the whole day yesterday. At one point we had almost 2 inches of new snow. However, even though it snowed ALL day, by the time sunset rolled around we actually had less snow than we started with at the beginning of the day. It got up to all of 35F for the day too. So, how did it do that?

Our Spring, or lack thereof, is THE topic of conversation all over town. I even saw a reader board outside a bank that said "Spring has NOT Sprung" today on my way home from bead group. What I find most amazing about all this (besides the fact that the suicide rate has not climbed) is that the plants are actually waiting. Normally by now all the spring stuff is blooming. Flowering trees, tulips, daffodils, wild flowers, and whatnot are all over the place coloring up our world. But not this year. They're all still waiting, patiently, for the Snow Fates to get over themselves.

Oh yes, one more thing. I came across a web site featuring a rather unusual work of "art". I call it the Gas Station Cozy. It made me laugh. The purpose is to make a statement against the worlds dependence on oil. What I'd like to ask is did they use acrylic yarn? Inquiring minds want to know. Heh heh.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I have been lurking and reading your blog for a while now and decided I better make a comment. The necklace is beautiful and I would wear it in a heartbeat. I came to your blog because of your knitting (gnome) but I think my beading inner-self wants to come out. I love adding beads to my knitting but have stayed away from other bead projects but I think that might change if you post the pattern for the necklace. I am also going to knit up one or two of the gnomes. (I found the pattern on ebay)
    Keep up the good writing and news of Idaho.

    ReplyDelete