"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/10/08

I'll Believe It When I Feel It

The weather guy on KXLY said it's gonna be 70F degrees next Sunday.

Ha hahaha hoo haha ha heeeee ha............!

I am seeing signs of spring though. In the last 3 days our snow has melted quite a bit, even though it hasn't been what I'd call warm. It's been a 5 minute weather week. You know, the weather changes every 5 minutes. I've seen snow, hail, wind, rain, and sun all in an hour's time. Somehow, though, it's melting the snow. I've actually got patches of bare ground in the back yard, and I found a tulip sprout in one of my flower beds.

I've been holding out on y'all. About 6 weeks ago the purple side of my Phaleonopsis orchid started blooming.




The white side isn't. Blooming that is. It just tickles me pink that I can grow these and they actually bloom.


A couple weeks ago I planted some tomato seeds? Nothing sprouted. I was beginning to think I was going to have to replant them and give it a second try. However, I may have a sprout this morning. I will know for sure by this afternoon. I sure hope so.

Is that white spot a sprout?


Did I mention I've won a contest? Fearless Fibers had one last weekend. I've won a skein of her new sock yarn. It's a superwash wool, tencel, and nylon blend. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I started another Mermaid yesterday. I'm severely altering the pattern though. I want to see if I can knit the head/body/tail all in one piece, in the round. So far so good. I've got the head/neck done and I'm working on the increases for the upper body. I'm having to work this part in the reverse of the pattern cos it starts at the waist and works toward the top of the head. I started with the top of the head and am working toward the waist. My only concern is that I'll somehow end up with the tail all off center and twisted.


Edaline's nose is a little smaller-buttony, and I put the eyes on now because when I get to the tail it will be a lot harder to do it then. So now Edaline is watching me while I knit. Kind of creepy.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment