"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/14/08

70F Plus

It's happened. The Snow Fates finally moved to Australia. It actually got up to 72F degrees at my house yesterday. It was WONDERFUL! Sweet Hubby and I spent as much time outside as we could. I sat at the table on the deck and worked on my book. Got the next pattern designed and started knitting it.

He puttered in the yard. He raked up all the pine cones and broken branches lying in the part of the lawn that is finally free of snow, and he raked and poked at the rest of the snow hoping to get it to melt faster. There was one little island of snow that he watched all weekend. Last night, when the last bit of it finally soaked into the ground he celebrated! Actually opened a beer to party. Urg.

We have a tremendous amount of snow in the front and side yards-as much as 4.5 feet deep in some spots. Yet other spots are bare and the grass is starting to grow. I attribute this to the drifting that occurred. Today, though, it's raining like crazy, and it's a warm rain. That should drop the remaining snow down considerably. It's supposed to rain all week. Hey, I am cool with that. Rain is so much better than snow.

Oh yes, one other thing. I should have taken a pic. Don't know why I didn't think to do so. A crocus sprouted yesterday, grew, and bloomed-all in one day. It's done blooming now. Whew! Glad I was home or I'd have missed it.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    We've been promised 70 degrees on Wednesday and I can hardly wait!

    It was 50 degrees today and it felt so warm people were running around without coats.

    ReplyDelete