"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/31/08

Jaywalkers: Stamp 'Em Done

The new bird was at the feeder again this morning. He let me get fairly close to him so I was able to get a really good look at him. He is definitely a Red Crossbill. I am SO excited! I've heard they live around here but have never actually seen one cos they tend to hide in the trees. I wonder if there's a mate around, or if he's just passing through? He's quite brave, and aggressive! While he had the feeder he wouldn't let anyone else on it to eat.

Finished my Pink Jaywalkers just in time for March. I love these socks. They shout Spring at me. I need that right now.


Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina

Yarn: Fearless Fibers 100% Classic Merino sock yarn in Peppermint colorway. I also added a a strand of light pink 2/24 100% Acrylic machine knitting yarn to the heels and toes for reinforcement. (Having 4 knitting machines, I’ve got a lot of mk yarn around.)

Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbo Lace Circulars.


Comments: Use a size 2 needle instead of a size one. The fit is much better. I LOVE this pattern. It was a lot of fun.

Chenille definitely approves. She took quite a nap on them. In fact, she's sleeping on them now.


They must be really comfortable.

Initially, I thought I'd finished them Saturday night. Then I went to block the second sock, in preparation for photographing them, and that's when I noticed. I'd forgotten to put the reinforcement thread in the toe of the first sock. So, Sunday I ripped out said toe and fixed it.

I have stash enhancement. Wouldn't this make a great tail for a Mermaid?


It's a bulky gauge yarn though, so I'll have to make some adjustments. I'm working on Filbert right now-he's Ferdinan's younger brother.

Rumor has it we're supposed to get weather in the 50's later this week, with sunshine. I'll believe it when I see it.

Dear Snow Fates:
Reason number 3 for moving to Australia: Where else on earth can you see something like this?

Australian Platypus

My daughter will help you pack.


Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. It hit 60 here today! It felt like a tropical heatwave.

    There was no sun though. It rained all day and we even had some thunder. Still, it was a very very pleasant change.

    I'll try to bring some of the warmer air with me.

    ReplyDelete