"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/21/08

The Irony is Not Lost on Me

Yesterday, and today for that matter, I was not feeling well. I've developed a very annoying cough and general acheyness all over. Most of all, my eyes hurt. So I didn't do much in the way of house cleaning, like I'd planned, or knitting, or beading. Instead, I spent quite some time working on the book-writing the patterns for two finished designs and rewriting part of a third pattern that I'd totally screwed up (thanks to my proofreader/test knitter Joey for finding that!). I also puttered on Ravelry, and surfed the web.

I was Googling something (I wish I could remember what it was) and quite accidentally ran across my name on another blog. As it turns out, last October I entered a contest on Romancing the Yarn and won. Now, I hardly ever enter blog contests. When I do, I usually remember I have and check to see if I've won. Actually, if I enter a contest, I add that blog to my Bloglines feed, if it isn't already on it, so I can keep track of what's happening, but at the time I entered this contest, I didn't have Bloglines yet.

I totally spaced this contest. I couldn't even remember what the contest was about so I did some research to find out. As it turns out, Romancing the Yarn had a month long drawing for sock yarn. Every day a new winner. I think, when I entered that contest, I misunderstood that part, checked the first day, didn't see my name, and forgot about it.

I emailed Barb, one of the blog owners. She didn't have a time limit on the contest. She was happy to hear from me. She's sending me sock yarn. How sweet is that?

I've added the blog to my Bloglines. It's really very interesting, which is probably why I was reading it at the time of the contest.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment