"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/17/08

In Case You've Been Wondering

This is what an unassembled Mermaid looks like. All the pieces are done. Now I have to block her and sew her together.

Belina the Mermaid


Here's the happy couple, Frank and Sarah. On Saturday evening we went out to dinner to celebrate their engagement. They have not set a date for the wedding yet. One step at a time!


Last Friday, if you'll remember, Ruth and I went to a rock and gem show. I brought home treasures to add to my bead stash. I took pic to share with you.

This is a cabochon made of Lake Superior Agate with Sagenite inclusions in it. The Sagenite is the vertical red tubes. The owner found it in Michigan. This is a real treasure, and I got it for a steal. I think I may have broke his heart when I bought it. But, my opinion is, if you don't want to sell it, don't put it up for sale.


This cab is made of Charoite. Charoite comes from Siberia, Russia. According to my rock book, it only comes from one place, and it's kind of rare. Unfortunately, the glorious iridescence in this stone does not show up in the pic.


The fellow who sold this to me was pretty funny. A retired teacher, when I asked him what it was, he said "Who says Coochi coochi?. It's Coochi coochi I-T-E." For those of you too young to know, Charo says Coochi coochi. She's a singer/dancer. I think she still does a show in Vegas, but I'm not sure about that.

My third find is this beautiful Rhodochrosite cab. I just love the zigzag stripes in this one.


And, since I was in the mood for taking pictures. Here's Grandkitty Lindy. She came along when Ruth came home for spring break, and promptly established her dominance over all the sweet sleeping spots in the house. She says "I'm the Queen! Worship my greatness!"


This is Grandkitty Meadowlark, being heart meltingly sweet as usual. He was saying "I love you gwamma."


I have heard from Marguerite, so the contest is officially over.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what stunning stones! I especially like the rhodocrosite and the hint of green running through it. It should bead up beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete