"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/10/08

One Down

One to go. The first of Franks 7x1 rib socks.



No I haven't woven in that last end yet. I had this crazy idea I might be able to figure out how to get a perfectly matched pair, colorwise. HA! Sometimes I crack myself up! That only works with self patterning yarns.

We are having major snow melting weather today. Hurray!!!!!!!! In addition, Sweet Hubby dug out the tractor. This is what it looked like a few days ago.



Yup! There's a fairly good sized tractor under that snow. Just the roof was showing. We bought it, ostensibly, for snow removal purposes when we first moved into this house because in north Idaho you are responsible for keeping your own driveway clear and we have a long driveway. But 3 years ago it developed serious mechanical problems making it almost useless. We looked into getting it repaired, discovered it was gonna be expensive and a major hassle getting the parts we needed. We really couldn't afford it at the time. The snow was coming down thick, and a snow blower would be a quicker and cheaper solution. I never intended for it to be a permanent solution.

Basically, with the snowblower--assuming he doesn't have to spend an hour or two repairing it first, it takes about 2.5 hours to blow the snow out of the driveway and parking area. When using the tractor, it took 30 to 45 minutes. Sweet Hubby has been getting up in the morning, spending 2 hours blowing snow, going to work, coming home and spending 2 hours blowing snow, eating dinner, going to bed. Not what I'd call a fun life right now. If he could use the tractor, he'd have some fun time. Sweet Hubby has finally seen the logic of my thinking. He got the tractor out-a major digging job- and got it running this weekend. It's not up to it's usual operating standards, but it's at least usable. A good step in the right direction. Next, finding and buying parts.

Tommy sez "Did someone say lunch?"



Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking sock. I'm working on some toe ups now.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried toe ups yet. I like doing them the way I do now, so am not finding a motivation to do so. I should try it some day.

    ReplyDelete