"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/13/08

In Transparent Pink

Okay, has anyone seen my glass of ice tea? I set it down somewhere in the house and can't remember where.

Oh, never mind. Found it.

I have finished another beading project. I started it last September when I did the cabochon. Yesterday I finished the necklace part. It's just simple 3-bead netting with a peyote toggle.


Here's a close up of the necklace part. I used seed beads in Czech size 11 pink transparent and Japanese size 15 pink with a red lining. I wore it yesterday and got lots of compliments. That helped to blow up my ego. Heh heh. By the way, that adorable little jewelry box in the above picture is a birthday gift from my friend Sally.



I also neglected to mention last week that I have posted a new bead knitting pattern on my Beadknitter Patterns site. It's called the Dragon Banner Necklace. Here's a pic.---->

It's a pretty simple pattern that I came up with cos it was easier than doing the same in peyote-at least, at the time. I could do it in peyote now with my hands tied behind my back-figuratively speaking. You'll have to visit the site to see what I'm talking about.

I am a bit lonely. Sweet Hubby left for Orlando, Florida yesterday on a business trip. He's gone to a kitchen show I think. Or is it a building show? I don't know-some kind of trade show architects are likely to be skulking around so they can try and sell their software to them. He took Frank with him (daughters boyfriend-that-I-want-for-a-son-in-law). His brother, Dan, is with them too. I don't know about the wisdom of sending those 3 to Orlando together. I hope there's a chaperon.

Sarah (daughter I want to marry Frank) left on a business trip to the University of Idaho/Washington State University the same day. She's attending their various job fairs being held this week to recruit possible new summer interns and employees.

So I'm eating dinner alone the rest of the week. Sigh. I miss them.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Ah cool! I have found your blog via Library thing because we own a couple of the same books and you have a lot of interesting other books on your shelf! I have already seen the beadknitter pattern as I am a member in the yahoo group where you mentioned it. I have not done bead knitting so far, but I am planning to sometime in the future. I am a beader who is learning to knit currently. Knitting is great. Took me long to really start it, but I think the knitting bug has bitten me eventually.
    Please visit my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, me again. I have just seen the little picture of the purse with cables and beads. I looove cables (I am just knitting a cable-knit sweater) and I would love to see a bigger picture of this purse. Where can I see it?

    ReplyDelete