"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/6/08

Happy Birthday to Me...

It's my birthday!

Hurray! Another year of life lived. How cool is that? Here's to the next year of my life, may I relish every minute of it.

Making progress on Frank's sock. I've taken pics of both sides so you could see the color changes. The dark "S" on the right side is actually shades of dark green, rather than black. What's really interesting is the socks are knitting up lighter in color than the yarn looked like in ball form. The lighter peaches and golds are really showing. Frank really likes them-so far.


I've added a strand of 2/24 charcoal grey machine knitting yarn in the heel to reinforce it, which is why it's darker. I did the Eye of Partridge heel just to try it out. I like it a lot. It looks cool in variegated yarn.


I've come to realize I need to get another set of sock blockers. Frank's foot is bigger than mine, so the Ladies Medium blockers I have are not going to cut it. After posting this I'm off to Chappy's ebay shop to order some.

Silver has been having a rough time this winter. He's in his 14th year of life now and it's showing. He's moving really slow (we suspect arthritis in his back) and spending large amounts of time on the couch, snoozing. He doesn't want to go outside at all. He also wants to snooze in my lap-which is new behavior. It used to be a rare and privileged occasion for him to grant me a lap sit. We've come to an understanding he and I. He can snooze in my lap if he lets me knit while at it. It's been really nice for the both of us.

For my birthday, Silver let me take this photo.




Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday again - on the actual day this time. Wishing you many more years full of wonderful moments to relish.

    Just love those socks. Warm browns have always been up toward the top of my favorite color list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday. the socks looks really soft, are you knitting a man's pattern or are you modifying a woman's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete