"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/7/07

Knittage Has Happened

No Fridays Feast. Got other things to talk about.

It's not blocked, so it's kind of wrinkly at the moment, but I have finished the first of a pair of Garter Rib Wrist Warmers (Christmas gift). See? I told you I'd come up with something to do with the extra ball of Austermann Step #15 Navy. I made the design up myself. I want to write it up as a pattern. It goes nicely with the Garter Rib socks, doncha think?



Haven't had a chance to block the lace cover up yet. Forgot I had stuff to do in Coeur d'Alene yesterday. Had to meet friends for lunch (thanks for calling and reminding me Phyllis). Then, hubby's company Christmas party is tonight so I had to get something to wear. Wasn't home all day as a result. Did find an awesome outfit to wear though. Found a really pretty top that's all drapey purple, white, and black with silver sequins, and a pair of gorgeous black velvet slacks. I even found a sexy pair of dressy low healed shoes. What's more , it was all on sale for half off. Can't complain about that.

Can't do it today either. Got errands to run, hair to get done (for party), and then the party. I'm not worried, yet. I'm certain I can block it over the weekend, and finish it up next week.

Sheesh! It's been a busy week.

I managed to get the ornaments on the Christmas tree. It's officially 'done'. As you can see, we have a slim tree. I really like it a lot.


This is a close up of the skirt. I crocheted this for our tree on our first Christmas, which I'm thinking was in 1997? (Will have to ask Sarah. She'll remember what grade she was in at the time.) It's a pattern from either an old Annies Attic magazine, or maybe Hooked on Crochet magazine. There's gold sparkles in the yarn, but they don't show here.


Last night I made a necklace and bracelet set to go with the new outfit. I wanted something really sparkly, but sort of delicate, rather than my usual chunky spirally stuff. I used size 15 black and silver lined crystal seed beads, 4mm clear ab Swarovsky crystals, 6mm dark purple iris fire polish Czech crystals, and 8mm amethyst AB fire polish Czech crystals. Just a simple stringing project, but I sure like how it turned out. (Click on the picture for a larger view)

Well, I got things to do, so I better get busy.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment