"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/2/07

Christmas Meme

I found this Christmas Meme on Rae's World and thought I'd do it. It's been kind of fun. Feel free to 'steal' it for your blog should you so desire.

(Btw Rae, you left out Vixen.)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Most of the time it's wrapping paper, and I love decorating with ribbons and stuff afterwards. I'm well known for my creative uses of leftover yarns on present wrappings.

2. Real or Artificial tree ?

Fake. See post about Cats and Christmas Trees.

3. When do you put up the tree?

The day after Thanksgiving, though it usually takes me the rest of the week to get it decorated.

4. When do you take the tree down?

January 2nd.

5. Do you like Eggnog?

Yes I do, but I have to go easy on it cos it upsets my tummy.

6. Favorite Gift you received as a child?

We didn't celebrate Christmas when I was a child.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

No. Until we get our beliefs sorted out, Sweet Hubby and I have chosen to leave the religious aspect of Christmas out for now, and celebrate the love and family aspect.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

Sweet Hubby, cos 9 times out of 10 if he decides he wants something, he just goes and gets it, leaving me nothing to surprise him with.

9. Easiest person to buy for?

Daughter Sarah. I always know what she'll like.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?

That would be the Black and Decker Scum Buster. When it first came out, we were in a department store and I saw one. I said, and I quote, "Oh, that looks interesting." Sweet Hubby interpreted that to mean "I really really really really want that for Christmas." It was, and is, a piece of junk. A good old fashioned scrub brush and some elbow grease is quicker and better.

11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail?

When I send them, it's by Snail mail.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Around October.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Yes I have.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Sister in law Sue's Christmas cookies.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

Changes from year to year. This year it's clear. Last year was multi. The year before was strictly purple. The year before that was blue.

17. Favorite Christmas Song?

White Christmas

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home?

We usually stay home cos that's where Sweet Hubby's family is. This year, though, we're leaving Christmas day to go on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I can hardly wait!

19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer?

Yes: Prancer, Dancer, Dasher, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, & Rudolph

20.Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree?

Star

21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning?

Both. Christmas Eve we open the presents the family exchanges at dinner we have together. Christmas morning we open up what's under our tree.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

The stress.

23. Shopping...mall or online?

Both.

24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?)

Mostly inside, but I do manage to get Sweet Hubby to put some lights on the house. We used to have a whole set of those white lighted reindeer too, but they don't work anymore.

25. Favorite Christmas cookie?

Anything Sue makes.

26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry?

Well, heck, yes! I have a whole collection of tacky Christmas sweaters which I wear proudly every year.

27. Do you believe in Santa?

No, but I like to play the game.


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment