"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/16/07

Fridays Feast 11/16/07

Four days to Tuesday.

For todays edition, I present Fridays Feast.

Appetizer
What was your first “real” job?

That would be summer librarian/custodian assistant at Camelot Elementary school, in Federal Way, Washington (where I grew up). My parents were very poor. When I was 14 there was a state program started called the Work Training Program. It was for 'underprivileged' teenagers and basically provided job training experience. I qualified and got in. I was assigned this cool job of running the school library (it was open for summer book reading), and I also had to help the school janitor with the cleaning. I really enjoyed this job a lot.


Soup

Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?

At the moment- to the pile of knitting and beading magazines sitting on the coffee table in front of me. If I actually have to leave the house, I'd go to one of the beading or knitting shops in my area, or the book store (for beading or knitting books).


Salad

Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…

I fart in public.


Main Course

What values did your parents instill in you?

I would say high moral values with a deep respect, love, and caring for others, which, considering how abusive my childhood was, I'm still wondering how they did that.


Dessert

Name 3 fads from your teenage years.

Hip huggers, platform shoes, disco dancing.

Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. oops, yeah, I forgot about the accidental toot ...
    may have to retract mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one to bring up the accidental toot.....
    You should see how I misinterpreted that one....
    Great feast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Yup ... your salad would embarass me too! ;) hehe Great feast! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, I call plat form shoes.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete