"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/11/07

Feeling Calm and Serene

Just got back from the trip to the hot springs resort in Montana. You may have noticed I've not said the name of the hot springs resort. That's cos I'm keeping it a secret. I'm doing this completely in a spirit of selfishness. We don't want everyone knowing about it. It's one of those best kept secret kind of places and if I blab it will be harder to get in to the place than it already is. I'm protecting myself.

I've returned refreshed and rested. Sitting in a mineral hot spring, drinking rum and cokes 'til I'm feeling no pain, then having a truly decadently scrumptious meal for dinner at the resort restaurant, then soaking and rumming some more, then flopping into a comfy bed and snoring 'til morning where upon we return to the above mentioned restaurant for a decadently delicious breakfast before heading home (I don't know where this place gets they're bacon, but I sure want to know!) is surprisingly medicinal. I'm ready to take on the lace cover up full force.

It was snowing when we got up this morning. I realized it's time to say my sad goodbyes to fall, and say hello to winter. During breakfast my nephew Nathan, who was extremely excited that it was snowing out, asked why I don't like snow. Here is what I told him:

"Well snow is pretty and all, but mostly it's cold, and wet, and cold, and cold, and cold, and wet, and cold, and cold, and wet, and wet, and cold, and it has absolutely no color at all, and it's cold and wet."

He understands now. Course, with the entrance of hot flashes into my life this year, I might really learn to love snow. (Most heard question asked by me to hubby: "Is it hot in here? Or is it just me?" Most heard answer to said question: "It's you.") I could see myself wallowing in a snow bank in my underwear while having a 'power surge'.

I took knitting with me, but I was too busy soaking and rumming and eating and sleeping to knit.

On Friday, the Patternworks order of Austermanne Step Navy #15 sock yarn arrived. I ripped open the box in happy anticipation of making a sibling for the Garter Rib sock. The dye lot is so different that it doesn't even look like the same color scheme! Sigh. Hopefully, the ebay skein will be closer? I have a feeling I'll be starting these socks over before the end of the month.

I still feel serene and calm. I think I'll knit for a bit. Yazi is calling my name.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That sounds wonderful. Do you ever do the hot springs thing with a girlfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tragedy in my mind about "this special time of life" is that hot flashes don't seem to burn calories. That's so wrong.

    ReplyDelete