"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/26/07

Christmasfied

I totally spaced a class today. I was scheduled to teach part 1 of a bead crochet class at 10:30am. I don't know why, but it totally left my mind about 2 seconds after noting to myself I had a class to teach today. At 11am I was working on this blog and thinking about how nice it was that I could spend the day decorating the house for Christmas when the phone rang. Oops!

That wasn't as embarrassing as the time I showed up for a doctors appointment a week early. Sigh. I knew I had an appointment that month (it was written down somewhere), just got the week wrong.

I just hate it when that happens. I know who I inherited it from too. My Dad. I used to get so frustrated when I was a kid because he'd ask me the same question 3 times, then promptly forget the answer as soon as I gave it. I do the same thing now. Urgh. I don't think it's early signs of Alzheimer's cos he's in his 70's and his memory isn't any worse now than it was then.

Anyway, as it turned out 2 of the 3 students who had signed up didn't even show up, let alone be late like me, and the third student, who very kindly waited until I could get there, turned out to be a friend of mine. She's used to my memory lapses so it all worked out.

I have Christmasfied the blog. I got the background tile from Pats Web Graphics. The tree tile in the banner is from there too, though I added some artistic license to it to make it more to my liking.

Another cool place for Christmas web graphics that are free is Hellas Multimedia.

I've knitted enough of my lace cover up to earn another shot of Yazi. Hooray!

Have a nice evening.

1 comment: