"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/4/07

Arrrrgh...Ye Be Walkin the Plank Matey

I seem to have neglected to post a pic of the finished Buccaneers Booty Socks. I did finish them, over a week ago. How in the heck did I manage to forget to post them? Maybe the stress of Morgans situation shoved it out of my brain. Anyway, maybe this will make up for the missing November 1st post. Here they are:



Pattern: Buccaneer's Booty Socks
Size: Womens Medium
Yarn: Schoeller + Stahl Fortissima Socka in Black, Natural, and Red.
Needles: Size 2 and 3 circular Lace Addi Turbos

Changes I made:
1) Pattern calls for DK weight. I used fingering weight and knit the mens size. They came out perfect size womens medium.

2) I changed to one size larger needles for the fair isle section in the second sock. This made the tension perfect for not too much stretch, but not too little either. I wish I'd done it for the first sock cos it's just a little tight.

3) I used black for the main body of the sock cos I didn't have enough red yarn.

Not too bad for my first fair isle socks. I'm thinking about taking the fair isle section out of the first sock and redoing it properly though. It wouldn't take long. Maybe a couple hours. Hmmm..

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment