"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/25/07

Some Earrings and Iggy Love

Yesterday's weather was awesome. It was so warm I could wear flip flops. I sat out on the deck, in the sun, working on the second Buccaneer sock. I tried knitting the fairisle part with a size larger needle and I am quite pleased with the results. Now I really wish I'd done that on the first sock. I've got the sock done all the way to the first few rows of the gusset. I'd have been further along but between the fairisle and the heel, I'd so messed up 15 rows that I frogged and reknit them. Sometimes plain ol' stockinette stitch can be the hardest stitch in the world to do.

Around 3pm I decided to take the boys for a walk on the Parkarosa. We did about 1.5 miles. Morgan and I walked. Tommy ran the whole way. He'd run ahead, then run back, then ahead, then back--all the way along. When we got back to the house, I took his leash off and he raced around the yard several times at top speed. He was such a happy boy! Oh if only I could have just a small percentage of his energy.

I have made three pairs of earrings. First is the Santa Clause in Brick Stitch. I made these for a class I was asked to teach. I made the pattern up myself, and it has been posted on my Pattern page. Feel free to hop over and print it out.


These are tubular peyote earrings. Another idea developed for a class. One that has yet to take place.


These are another rendition of Pamela Welborn's Alternative Dream Catcher earrings. I did them in metallic pink and silver lined crystal size 15's. They are incredibly delicate. I used DMC silver metallic embroidery floss for the thread.


Now for some Iggy love. Morgan says:

"Okay Mom, I know you've got treats in your pocket."


Tommy is daydreaming in the sun.


Morgan was right. I did have treats in my pocket. To get them, they had to pose for this pic. They did an excellent job of it too.


I am hoping to finish the second sock tonight. If I do, there is a way to fix the fairisle in the first sock without unraveling the whole thing. I'll write more about that when I get to doing it.

It's another sunny day today. But not warm. Definitely not warm. It's amazing the way the weather changes.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment