"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/29/07

Morgan's Coming Home Today

Morgan had his surgery Saturday in the late morning. We got good news when the phone rang. The tumor was on his spleen, so they were able to remove it, along with the spleen of course. They also found a bit in the fatty tissue near the spleen and were able to remove that successfully too. He should recover completely.

I went to visit him Saturday evening. Oh, he looked so sad and miserable. They had him on pain killers and some sedative to keep him calm, and he has a big bandage completely around his middle. Poor little guy. I gave him kisses and ear skritches and told him we miss him at home and to be a good boy.

Sunday I could not go visit him because the hospital is closed. But the nurse who takes care of the animals on that day called to let me know how he was doing. Her words, and I quote, "He's doing very well." Sweeter words I have not heard in a long time. He actually went for a little walk, and ate his breakfast with a hearty appetite. I will be able to bring him home today.

On the knitting front, I've actually gone backward. We went to my brother-in-laws house for dinner and cards Saturday evening. I took the swim suit cover with me. I knit one row, then discovered I had a mistake 2 rows down. Had to tink it back. That's where it stands at this moment.

On the beading front, Sarah (and Frank) came over for some beading fun Saturday (Frank watched DVD's with Sweet Hubby and read a novel-at the same time.) around lunch time. I dug out the magazine I had in my stash with the Ogalala lace pattern in it. I was going to start the Aurora Borealis ornament cover from Karen DeSousa's Celestial Series book.

We set up on the dining room table and got about 10 minutes into things only to discover neither of us had all we needed for the intended projects. I was one strand short on the light topaz 4mm crystals I needed (I KNOW I bought 2 strands-so what's the deal?) and she needed one additional item for her lace. There was only one thing to do. Dash down to Bead It and get what we needed. I took the cell phone. Sweet Hubby promised to call me if he heard about Morgan.

We dashed home after acquiring what we needed, and got started. We had a good time, though, in all honesty, more talking went on than beading. I did get the crystal belt done on my ornament, and Sarah got a good start on her lace.

Last night I worked some more on the ornament cover. I got most of the netted cap done, only to discover I've done the whole cap wrong. Arrrghhh...... some times you just don't got it.

Today I'm picking up Morgan, then redoing that cap.

One more thing. My Mystery Socks are being featured on Fearless Fibers Yarn blog as the Monday finished object. Pop over and have a look.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. That is such good news. Life just can't be good when all is not well with our fur babies.

    Hopefully this means no more drugs for him?

    ReplyDelete