"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/1/07

It was a dark and dreary day....

It is dark, dreary, and wet outside today. There's snow on top of the taller mountains nearby too. Goodbye sweet summer. I shall miss you. I am already planning your return in 2008. I've got seed catalogs to browse in the bathroom.

No walking today. So I'm going to start some new socks, cast on the front of the swimsuit cover, and do a bit of beading. Sweet hubby has gone out of town for a couple days so I shall play with my toys, lay around in my jammies, and eat take out, or microwave food. Which ever takes the least effort to obtain when I'm hungry.

I have joined yet another Knit Along. However, there's no pressure on this one. My Margaret Tudor sweater has been languishing all spring and summer, wishing I'd give it some attention. Someone on Ravelry invited me to join a knit along for the Tudor Roses book by Alice Starmore. It's for people knitting patterns in her book. They are extremely challenging patterns, so getting together with others to encourage that we keep plodding along to finish is a GOOD thing. I have joined.

May, a member in the group, actually finished Margaret Tudor last August. It's gorgeous. You can see it here, should you so desire.

One of the sticky problems about Margaret Tudor that crosses my thoughts every so often is the buttons. There are 56 pewter buttons on this sweater. Where am I going to find 56 pewter buttons--all the same? (Not to mention the money for 56 pewter buttons!) The problem has been solved. May used beads. Now why didn't I think of that??? It's a brilliant idea! I have a tube of 3mm sterling silver beads that will work wonderfully. Buttons-I cast you aside! I don't call myself Beadknitter for nothin'.

Speaking of Knit Alongs. I must confess I have taken on too many sock Knit Alongs. I was thinking that I could do 2 pair of socks a month. I was wrong. So, which ones do I give up? Sigh.....

Well, it's toy time.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Ewww snow already I swear summer passed by so fast its not fair..I hope the Winter here isn't as bad as it was last year..I can't wait to see your swimsuit cover

    ReplyDelete