"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/11/07

I Have a What?

Yesterday was my annual physical. I hate them, but they're a necessary evil. For the most part, I passed. I'm doing fine. I was hoping nothing new would be found, but, alas. I have a hernia-right under my belly button. It's not bothering me, so we're gonna leave it alone for now. But now I've got one more thing to watch out for. No heavy lifting of any kind or I could have serious problems.

This growing older thing really SUCKS!!!

I asked what would cause this kind of hernia? Answer-lifting something heavy. Suddenly, I knew when it happened. This summer I tried carrying my kayak all by myself. The next day I noticed my 'inni' belly button was an 'outie'. Nothing hurt so I didn't think much about it. Phooey... I have to STOP doing this to myself! I need to accept that my torso just can't handle what my arms and legs can. Sigh.


I watched Pushing Daisies, a new show on ABC. Wow! I LOVE it! I loved it when I saw the first episode last week. It's so refreshingly different. Pure fiction, entertainment, silliness. It's almost Dr. Suess like the way they do it. Lots of bright colors used on the sets, wonderful dialogue. If you've seen the movie Big Fish, it's a lot like that. Pure fantasy. There's even music. One of the characters sang a song-like a musical, but not quite. I loved it! But last night, I was completely sold on the show when the big burly private investigator took out his knitting because he was feeling a little stressed and knitting stockinette stitch relaxed him.

The characters name is Emerson Cod. He's the business partner of the main character, Ned, who can bring someone back to life by touching them for 1 minute, then he has to touch them again to return them to deadness. The two go around touching murdered people, asking them how they died, and collecting rewards for solving the murders. Emerson is not wimpy, or a pansy in any way. He's a rough and tumble manly man PI who just happens to like knitting. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants when he knit some matching red gun cosies, which he wore under his hand knit sweater vest. Then, near the end, he saved the day because he just happened to have some expanding circular knitting needles in his pocket (in case he felt like doing a rib knit hat) and which he used to save their lives!!!! I LOVE this show! I hope the knitting theme continues.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment