"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/16/07

Excuse Me While I Panic!

I finished the first garter rib sock last night. It's beautiful. Even sweet hubby likes it. This sock is a bit larger than I normally make. I did that on purpose.

I don't think I have enough yarn to do the second sock.

Excuse me (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I just had to get that out of my system.

I went to Paradise Fibers web site to order another ball and they are out of that color.

Excuse me again. (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......!!!!)

So, there is no hope of getting the same dye lot. That's okay. I'm fairly certain another dye lot will match close enough that no one will notice that each sock comes from a different dye lot anyway. What I don't understand is WHY? I thought 100 grams of this stuff would make two socks in the size I'm making without a problem.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit. Maybe I'm panicking for no reason? Wouldn't that be unusual--NOT! I'm gonna go to the post office on my way to bead group and ask them to weigh the sock, then weigh the ball of yarn. With any luck, the sock will weigh less than the ball.

I hate it when this happens. A knitters worst nightmare. Wish me luck.

Oh yes, and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment