"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/27/07

Stamp It Done!

I have finished the Aran Baby Sweater. Have you ever seen anything so cute in all your life? Now I remember why I like the pattern so much. Cute as a button!



I was concerned that the brightness of the yellow might make this sweater look dorky, but in fact it doesn't. I've thrown it in the washing machine now. I'm hoping washing will soften the yarn up a bit.

Here is a bracelet I made last Saturday while teaching my Right Angle Weave class. I wanted to make something to go with the shirt I bead embroidered. I used the same beads-size 11 black opaque and silver lined matte teal, and some size 8 copper triangles. I also used aqua 4mm crystals. These crystals are the exact same shade as my shirt, though you wouldn't know it looking at this picture.



My left hand still aches from Sundays bead crochet marathon. Specifically my index finger and thumb, and the muscles between them. I need to take on some sort of crochet project to build up those muscles. I've been wanting to do the Looney Tunes pattern set (Bugs Bunny, Sylvester the Cat, Tasmanian Devil, and Tweety Bird) by Leisure Arts ever since the book came out several years ago. (I was gonna link to someone who has that for sale, but it's out of print!) I have all the yarn for all four pals. Where will I fit it in my day????

We have not seen any moose for a few days, but we are thick with deer. I'm seeing several every day. Yesterday evening there were 7 at the bottom of the hill. Tommy is getting lots of exercise barking his head off and boinging up and down when he sees them.

Did I tell you I finally got the courage to call Dish Network about our satellite dish problems? That was Tuesday. After wading my way through the voice mail obstacle course, I finally got to talk to human Roxanne, a really nice person. She asked what the problem is. I asked "are you sitting down?" I told her my story. I got a giggle out of her, then a "wow, are you kidding?" She set up a visit for tomorrow from someone who should be able to fix it for me. I have to pay for the visit, but then, I wouldn't expect them to repair it for free. The moose broke it. Not a manufacturing defect whatsoever. Now, if I could get the moose to pay for the repair--but that's silly.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I love that bracelet! Great colors and great workmanship. VERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the yellow sweater is absolutely adorable. I would love to know the pattern and the yarn that you used.
    catherine

    ReplyDelete