"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/30/07

Mystery Sock Marathon

I have been knitting like crazy the last two days in an effort to get an S by my name on the SAM4KAL. I can say it now. My Mystery Socks for September are done! Here they are-still warm after blocking (I steam block). I wanted to get them posted on the KAL blog as soon as possible, so didn't wait for them to dry before taking the pic. I took the picture outside, and it's raining out today anyway, so it doesn't make much difference if they're dry or not.


Pattern:
Mystery Socks from Socktopia Knit Along. (I killed 2 birds with one stone-heh heh.)

Yarn: Fearless Fibers Classic Merino Wool sock yarn in the Navajo Colorway.

Needles: Two size 3 Addi Turbo circulars.

Comments: I really enjoyed this pattern. It was kind of fun knitting without knowing what was going to be coming off the needles. I don't really care for this type of heel though. The next pair I make I'm putting my favorite kind of heel in it instead of this one. I wish I knew what kind of heel this is so I could tell you. It was an odd one.

Again, I used the non-cable needle method of doing the cables.

I didn't wait for toe instructions. After the odd heel I decided to do my own favorite toe. After all, I'm the one that's gonna be wearing these things.

The colors pooled, but I like it this way. They work good with the pattern.

Have a nice evening.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute animals! Those two dogs look like greyhounds, like "Santa's Little Helper" on The Simpsons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. The pooling is pretty on your socks - something you won't get me to say very often.

    Looks like you have moose on your sock blockers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! You are very adventurous. I waited to see pictures before diving in. LOL

    ReplyDelete