"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/29/07

Babysitting the Grandkitty

I am taking care of the Grandkitty this weekend while his Mommy is out of town. This requires a trip into town to my daughters apartment and spending time with Meadowlark. Feed him, water him, scoop his box, and cuddle him for a bit. This is what my daughter requested I do-spend a bit of time with him each day. She is worried Meadowlark will be lonely while she's gone. He's doing fine. I sat and knitted for about half an hour too, until he'd had enough attention and started ignoring me. He thinks my Addi Turbo circular needles are fun to play with.

I am to the heel of the second Mystery Sock! I think I'll get this done before the month ends. I so want to have an S next to my name on the SAM4KAL blog.

So much for not seeing a moose the past few days. One hummer of a BIG mama dropped by. Man, she made Miss Molly look like a mouse in comparison. She ate the top off one of the new flowering cherries, without even having to stretch her neck. I'm glad we had the little fence around it. She'd have eaten the whole thing! There would have been nothing left but a skinny little stump. I'm wishing that fence had been just a bit taller. The tree should be okay though. Just the top 6 inches got eaten.

Sarah's boyfriend has asked me if I'll knit him a sweater. Wow! Someone actually WANTS me to knit them a sweater. How cool is that! I'm liking him more and more each day.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment